ELEGANCE AND COMFORT: GUMFIT, CREATED FOR FLEXIBLE AND NON-SLIP SOLES.
This material, a result of SO.F.TER.’s extensive research, provides just the solution the footwear industry was looking for. It is soft, light and long-lasting, offering unprecedented comfort and excellent grip on wet surfaces.
It has what it takes to set the pace. Gumfit is a completely new material based on Thermoplastic Copolyester that includes all the features required to ensure its success: it is lightweight, flexible and with an excellent non-slip grip that provides superior performance all-year round.
The exceptional elastic properties of this material provide it with high flexural fatigue resistance, making it robust and reliable, with good abrasion resistance. From an aesthetic point of view, Gumfit is a winner: it has a natural matt finish that is dry to the touch and with a velvety effect (“peach skin”). It is easy to mould and perfectly reproduces the mould surface, allowing the user to obtain a very clear glossy/matt contrast.
Thermoplastic Copolyester is an elastomer that is widely used in car-manufacturing and industry due to its flexibility, fatigue resistance, chemical resistance and excellent performance at high and low temperatures. Since 1980 SO.F.TER has been a leading company in the thermpoplastic rubbers sector thanks to the long-lasting success of the Sofprene® brand, and now it has developed a material specifically designed for the footwear and fashion industries: Gumfit possesses a unique mix of features that are unrivalled on the market, offering cutting-edge performance.
- Spring-like effect. The excellent elastic properties of copolyester give Gumfit greater elasticity, while the “spring-like” effect means the sole easily returns to an extended position. The sole thus follows foot movement, reducing muscle strain and fatigue, and ensuring superior comfort in wear and use.
- Lightness. Gumfit has a density of roughly 1.00 g/cm3, lower than that of modified TPU (roughly 1.10) and considerably lower than that of vulcanized rubber (1.20 g/cm3). Its lightness adds to the feeling of comfort and reduces any sense of fatigue.
- Excellent flexibility and stability at high and low temperatures
- Non-slip effect, providing excellent grip even on wet surfaces
- Excellent abrasion resistance, comparable with that of TPU
- Hardness ranging from 65 to 85 Shore A
- Excellent aesthetic and tactile properties: “peach skin” effect, high glossy/matt contrast
- Excellent resistance to hydrolysis
- Very high resistance to bending and fatigue
- Excellent resistance to chemicals (fats , oils)
- 100% recyclable, scraps can be re-used
- It contains no toxic substances or pollutants (VOCs , phthalates)
- Excellent moulding on TR machines
- Excellent gluing with polyurethane adhesives
- Excellent polishability
- Excellent colorability. Gumfit is available in a wide range of colours, including amber and crêpe, which can also be customised.