Thermoplastic rubbers (TPR) are used extensively in the footwear sector for the production of various types of soles, shoe platforms, wooden soles and rubber boots.
The main advantages of TPR are:
- Easy and economic processing
- Excellent value for money
- Great aesthetic versatility
- Full recyclability
The range offered by SO.F.TER. includes various polymeric bases:
- Sofprene® compound based on SBS for all types of sole
- Sofprene Z® compound based on SEBS for stitched soles, wooden soles and rubber boots
- Sofpur® compound based on TPU modified with elastomers for all types of footwear, especially in the medium-high range.
The choice of materials is really extensive and covers all applications and price/performance ranges, from economy to top of the range. In addition to the existing materials, SO.F.TER. provides a rapid personalisation service for creating new shades and colours at the specific request of the client.