- Excellent flexibility and stability at high and low temperatures
- Non-slip effect, providing excellent grip even on wet surfaces
- Excellent abrasion resistance, comparable with that of TPU
- From 65 to 85 Shore A hardness
- Excellent aesthetic and tactile properties: "peach skin" effect, high glossy/matt contrast
- Excellent resistance to hydrolysis, bending, fatigue and chemicals
- It contains no toxic substances or pollutants
- Excellent moulding on TR machines
- Excellent gluing with polyurethane adhesives
- Excellent polishability
- Excellent colourability, available in a wide range of colours, that can be customized, including amber and crêpe
Gumfit ® (TPC)
Gumfit® is a completely new material based on Thermoplastic Copolyester that includes all the features required to ensure its success: it is lightweight, flexible and with an excellent non-slip grip that provides superior performance all-year round.
Its exceptional elastic properties provide this material with high resistance to fatigue and bending making it robust and reliable, with good abrasion resistance. From an aesthetic point of view, Gumfit is a winner: it has a natural matt finish that is dry to the touch and velvety (“peach skin”). It is easy to mould and perfectly reproduces the mould surface, allowing you to get a very clear glossy/matt contrast.
Thermoplastic copolyester is an elastomer that is widely used in car-manufacturing and industry due to its flexibility, fatigue resistance, chemical resistance and excellent performance at high and low temperatures. Since 1980 SO.F.TER. has been a leading company in the thermoplastic rubbers sector thanks to the long-lasting success of the Sofprene®, brand, and now has developed a material specifically designed for the footwear and fashion industries: Gumfit possesses a unique mix of features that are unrivalled on the market, offering cutting-edge performance.
The excellent elastic properties of copolyester give Gumfit greater elasticity, while the “spring like” effect means the sole easily returns to an extended position. The sole thus follows foot movement, reducing muscle strain and fatigue, and ensuring superior comfort in wear and use.
Gumfit has a density of roughly 1.00 g/cm3, lower than that of modified TPU (roughly 1.10) and considerably lower than that of vulcanized rubber (1.20 g/cm3). Its lightness adds to the feeling of comfort and reduces any sense of fatigue