- Weight reduction from -9% to -30%
- Stiffness from +13% to +179%
- Mixed HB/GF grades, an impact from +20% to +218%
- Reduction of cooling times
- Reduction of temperature by 1.1 °c per each 1% microspheres
- Reduction of cycle times from 8% to 37%
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Excellent versatility and customization potential
- Technical support during injection moulding initial phase
Litepol B® (PA6/HB)
LITEPOL B® is a new family of extra light engineering plastics based on Polyamide and filled with Hollow Glass Microspheres.
LITEPOL B® compounds are suitable for all those applications in which weight reduction is the primary objective: for this reason they are particularly aimed at the automotive industry which is subject to strict regulations and targets in terms of reducing emissions.
Hollow glass microspheres, made of chemically stable soda-lime borosilicate glass are characterized by:
- Low density, equal to less than 1/5 of other mineral fillers
- Low thermal conductivity, allowing for lower temperatures and faster cooling times
- Low acoustic transmittance, gives the material a sound deadening effect
- Isotropic behaviour, enables dimensional stability of the moulded parts
The processing conditions vary depending on the product’s formulation. Please consult the relevant Product Data Sheet and check process conditions with our Technical Service.